Hi friends! The countdown to Christmas has officially commenced and I’m in a super festive mood. This weekend, Bay and I are heading to Washington D.C. for his annual family Christmas cookie baking extravaganza! Yes, this is a real thing. lol This will be my 3rd time attending and my sweet tooth is SO looking forward to a weekend of sugar. As you can tell – I don’t stop myself from indulging in fatty, sugary, delicious foods in December. I mean, we’re good ALL year… why be miserable over the holidays? Am I right?
With a month full of sugary sweets and fatty treats ahead, I do have a few things that I do to make sure I’m not a hot mess by NYE. I’m still maintaining a regular yoga practice and attending new workout classes every week. I’ve also taken some extra precautions with my skin to help prevent any post-binge eating breakouts or dullness from the harsh winter air. Enter my new favorite beauty supplement from the folks at Vital Proteins… Collagen Peptides.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram and watch any of my Insta-Stories, you may have seen this delightful duo pop up a few times this past month. When I was offered a chance to try them out, I wanted to make sure I did my due diligence before telling you all about the results!
I’m so excited to say that ever since I’ve been adding collagen into my diet (I put it in my coffee and smoothies), I’ve noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. My former breakout has cleared, I have a much healthier looking glow and my facial skin is so smooth! My nails are still a little brittle from too many gel manicures (bad habit) but I have noticed that they grow extremely fast. I can’t say I’ve noticed a difference with my hair, however that’s probably because it’s so damaged from bleaching it back in October.
Why do you need collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body ensuring the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints.
Perhaps one of the best beauty benefits you can receive from collagen is it’s ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When we get older, the production of collagen begins to slow down and cell structures start losing their strength. Many anti-aging creams have collagen built in but they’re also loaded with other chemicals and toxins that could reverse the effect.
What can you expect with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides?
- The powder is nearly tasteless (I say nearly because you probably wouldn’t want to dump it into a plain glass of water). You can’t taste a thing if you mix it with anything that has a flavor to it.
- It dissolves in both hot and cold liquids in a matter of seconds
- If you’re anything like me, you’ll most likely start noticing results after 2 weeks of daily use
- Their products are sustainably sourced from pasture-raised cows in Brazil and New Zealand and wild-caught fish in Hawaii
- There are a TON of delicious recipes that they provide for you to try but you can work it into anything you like
- They have pescatarian options
- There are lots of different flavors (I LOVE the Vanilla & Coconut Water one) and they also have a couple whey protein powders
- The peptide sticks are super convenient! I throw one in my bag every morning and keep some on hand in the office for when I don’t have time to add it to my coffee or smoothie in the AM
So here’s the exciting part – the kind people at Vital Proteins have agreed to let me host a giveaway so one of you can try this out for yourselves!
~ VITAL PROTEINS GIVEAWAY ~
Find the above photo on my Instagram and follow the steps below:
2️⃣️ Like this photo
3️⃣️ Tag two friends who you know would love to try this!
4️⃣️ BONUS: Tell me your favorite holiday tradition
One winner will receive a 20oz canister of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and a box of 20 Collagen Peptide Packets. Check my Instagram on Tuesday, Dec 13th for the announcement!
Oh! Just to prepare you for what you can make if you win, the below recipe is for a healthy and yummy collagen packed smoothie that I whipped up this morning. I used the Collagen Peptides Vanilla & Coconut Water but you can definitely substitute that for the regular Collagen Peptides and just add a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead. Hope you enjoy!
If you have any questions about my experience with Vital Proteins, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Leave a comment below, send me an email or DM on Instagram. I love hearing from you all.
Have a happy weekend!
*Note: This post was sponsored by Vital Proteins. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! ~ Mel