Holy heatwave! I just returned from a lovely little vacation in Oxford, Maryland and the temps here in the northeast are absolutely scorching. It was tolerable when I was spending 12+ hours a day in the pool but now that I’m back in NYC, hustling to and from work in the muggy subways, the heat is definitely getting to me.
After returning home from work this evening the last thing on my mind was working out. I mean, I was already getting my sweat on just by walking the 10 minutes from my subway home. Even so, I figured I should suck it up and do a quick yoga sesh before rewarding myself with something tasty & refreshing.
Enter the sparkling peach limeade.
Since it’s only Tuesday and I spent the weekend indulging in one too many libations, I decided that a peachy mocktail would be just the way to satisfy my thirst. The twist comes from the extra burst of electrolytes from Propel’s Peach Electrolyte Water – which is the only water with enough electrolytes to help replace what is lost in sweat. You guys may recall that the peach flavor has been my fav all summer (read about my other summer essentials here) but sometimes it’s nice to jazz things up a bit. You can also add a twist by making it boozy. Just add a couple shots of peach vodka – I won’t judge. 😉
Recipe (yields 2-4 servings)
- 1 sprig of mint (6-7 leaves)
- 1 24oz bottle Propel Peach Electrolyte Water
- 1 ripe peach – pitted and quartered
- 4 limes
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- Splash of club soda
- Cut limes in half and squeeze with juicer into cocktail shaker
- Using a wooden drink muddler, muddle mint with lime juice and agave nectar
- Add Propel water and shake
- Slice peaches into bite size pieces
- Add peaches, ice and water/lime mixture into cocktail glasses
- Top with club soda and garnish with mint
To make it extra peachy, just muddle the peaches with the mint before placing into the glass. Cheers!
*Note: This post was sponsored by Propel. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! ~ Mel